Monday, August 23, 2010

An Anniversary Gift

My mother-in-law came over this morning with a lovely surprise for our anniversary - a big bunch of pretty green mums and hydrangeas wrapped in brown paper and twine. She knows I love to arrange flowers so she kept them loose so I could arrange them myself. So, I spent some time this morning putting them together and this is what I came up with. It's sitting on our dining room table and I can't get over how good the mums smell!

I used a soup tureen to make the arrangement in - I figured it was something different but still very pretty.





With the left over mum buds I made a little bud bouquet for by my sink.

Thanks Mom!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Blessed Mother-in-law and Blessed Daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to smell them. I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria